Sponsor a cataract surgery
Sponsor a cataract surgery for only £15.
Cataracts are cloudy patches in the lens (the transparent structure at the front of the eye) which can make vision blurred or misty and can develop in one or both eyes.Read more @ NHS.uk
Former President of India
Sankara Eye Foundation Europe's primary objective is to provide relief to patients of Sankara Eye Hospitals in India, primarily through screening and detection of eye illnesses, advice and support for patients, their families and carers.
We aim to do this by conducting free eye surgeries and treatment for patients who cannot afford to pay the cost of such treatment through Sankara Eye Care Institutions (SECI), India. We do this by conducting events both within and outside the U.K., as well as through generous individual donors.
For over 30 years SECI India has:
- Conducted an eye camp every weekend without missing a single weekend
- Reached out to a population of more than 15 million people
- Performed FREE eye surgeries every year
- Worked hard on prevention and education of curable blindness
- Been acknowledged as one of the largest rural out-reach programs in India